A challenge with a " lavender & last chance " perfume
NEW ! We have just signed a rural lease ! A corner of paradise in the heart of wild Provence, a virgin land at an altitude of 850 m, surrounded by forests and lavender, with a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains.
A project to be supported at a gallop ! A ranch in the breathtaking lavender fields of Provence is the dream of the Pourras Family. After many hardships, they need help to raise their heads and re-establish themselves as a family with all their animals in Haute Provence. Holy' Day Ranch is above all a story of courage and love for horses, great outdoors and respect for the land.
ONCE UPON A TIME... HOLY’ DAY RANCH
A STORY OF A FRENCH FAMILY WHO HAS RUN A CATTLE RANCH FOR 35 YEARS...
...But the last years were marked by many hardships. One of them, from a long way the most difficult of all, the loss of Manoël (brother and son) on Christmas Eve 2015. We still decided to continue the story of our ranch, but elsewhere. There are 5 years when we made the decision moving to Haute Provence (south of France) in the middle of wild scenery, surrounded by lavender fields...
But lots of hard knocks have lined our relocation project... And today we make the most of it to continue and keep all of our horses, waiting for our relocation !
WHO SUPPORT OUR RANCH
an american PARTNER
OUR PROJECT – AN ETHICAL AGROECOLOGICAL RANCH
We want to relocate our family Ranch in Provence, and go always farther in our approach of respecting earth...
WE WANT TO CONTINUE WHAT WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE :
Quarter horses and zebus breeding, western riding courses, training horses, shows and event reception ..
AND WE ALSO HAVE NEW GOALS :
• Horses have always had a social dimension which will be emphasized by the professionalization of Marina in equine mediation. The equicie is particularly aimed at people with physical, mental, sensory and social disabilities. Anyone in temporary distress can also call on the equicie for a supportive helping relationship.
• Converting our zebu farming to ORGANIC: all that will be missing is the formalities, because our breeding practices (natural food,...) perfectly match those listed by ECOCERT for conversion to ORGANIC. We also support BOEUF ETHIQUE which works for animal welfare.
• On the steps of « L'homme qui plantait des arbres » (« The man who planted trees », a book written by Jean Giono, a famous provençal author) : Plant trees on our future farm using agroforestry techniques to provide shade (and well-being) to our horses and cattle, which will be at the heart of the project.
• On the footprints of druggist hawkers of the Montagne de Lure : using natural products, natural care... for our horses and cattle, for us, for the house, the garden, our future accommodations...Seek to limit and offset our ecological print,...
• Touristical attractivity, in a hearty ranch, at human size, where we prioritize quality over quantity. A proximity farm with peasant roots : to favor the local, to promote mutual aid and sharing values of the rural world...Open an immersion and accommodation activity on the farm, favoring eco-construction for our buildings... Strive for an agroecological model on all levels !
A FAMILY COMPANY WITH VALUES
Simplicity - Authenticity - Respect
An agrotourism Ranch in Provence
that will be the only one in the region
A family farm of proximity
A know-how and experience for 35 years
An ethic and responsible vocation
What will the fundraising money be used for ?
To be able to achieve our goals, we need to be able to buy new land and put our 22 horses and 11 zebus there. However, because of the obstacles encountered, we have drawn a lot in our contribution to be able to take care of our animals.
Thanks to you, with your help, we will be able to replenish our cash flow and finally be able to relocate. Help us take care of our animals so that we can hold out until relocation !
Whatever the amount collected, you help our family to continue and take care of our animals !
With € 30,000 or more, we will be able to return to the banks with more serenity.
Without you, we will have to stop our activity and separate ourselves from our animals.
IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR SUPPORT
you can choose a reward (gift or experience), depending on the amount of your donation (please ask)
- non-exhaustive list -
But maybe you have a very special dream
Please ask ! If we can, we will do everything to make your wish come true
WHISPER YOUR WISH IN OUR EAR
How to support us ?
Sarah Pourras : her biology licence in pocket, Sarah wanted to work for the conservation of endangered species, but she had other dream too, and she went to an equestrian show and Circus school, Then, she will come back to her own, bringing to this life she so much loves: an artistic background, this life where no day is alike, between the work with horses and the shows, where she can even live all her dreams in one day .Sarah loves to receive, imagine and prepare personalized performances.
Marina Pourras : After the obtention of the diploma to teach western riding, Marina gave lessons at the ranch and trained horses. In the purpose of increasing her competences, today she is completing a training in equine mediation. Marina loves to take riders toward their goals, to push them to surpass, adapting to their personality.